“Kloves”, is a Canadian techno producer, currently working from Calgary, AB. Kloves heritage is a blend of Hungarian and Filipino decent, an ancestry she speaks to through the naming conventions of her tracks.
She first became interested in music when she was eight years old and her grandfather taught her how to play the drums. During her teenage years, Kloves took an interest in the acoustic guitar, which she self-taught herself to play. Testing the waters as a singer/song- writer, she joined forces with another musician to form the acoustic electro pop band. As Kloves’ tastes matured, so did her love for electronic music. By the early 2000’s, Krystle went from bandmate, to electro DJ/Producer, which later evolved into house music.
‘Kloves’ is a project symbolizing her focus in a gritty direction, but contains a unique sound that is both edgy and inciting. A direction inspired by such artists Scuba, Florian Meindl, Emmanuel, Dax J, Nicole Moudaber, and the likes of labels A R T S, FLASH, Polegroup, and Token.
Kloves has released on renowned techno labels FLASH Recordings, A R T S Digital, Funk’N Deep Records, Unity Records and her track “Eksibit”, was featured in Scuba’s Fabric mix on Fabric Records that was released in October of 2016. Later in 2017, Kloves founded OBSKUR MUSIC with her best mate ‘Nomad Black’. OBSKUR’s goal is to focus on the darker dimensions of Techno, staying underground while showcasing established & upcoming Techno artists world-wide. New release schedules for the remainder of 2017 include her second EP on FLASH Recordings, tunes on Trau-ma, Skylab Records, Shaping Music and releases on her own label OBSKUR MUSIC.
Booking Requests: [email protected]
- https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/19987 "Like the finale of a fireworks show, the mix's final 15 minutes are stunning. Scuba mashes his exclusive deep techno track "Protean" into Stenny's "Consumer's Tool," before introducing the funkiest bassline on fabric 90, from Kloves' "Eksibit.""
- http://www.freqmagazine.com/kloves-bringing-calgary-techno-to-the-coast/ "Without city limits to constrain her, and with recognition from high profile label bosses such as Scuba, it’s clear soon Kloves will be not only breaking in, but well immersed in the global techno consciousness."
- Lovesu EP - Skylab Records [SKY023]
- Empty (Kloves Remix) - Skylab Records [SKY030]
- Tiefes (Original Mix) - Unity Records [UNI075]
- Luzid EP - Shaping Music (UK) [SGM015]
- Tiefes (Original Mix) - District Audio [DST027]
- Eksibit (Original Mix) - Fabric Records - Fabric 90: Scuba
- This Mind Ft. Bre Banks (Original Mix) - Funk'N Deep Records - [FNDCOMP000]
- Oscil EP - FLASH Recordings [FLASH173]
- Dimensions EP - ARTS Digital [AD107]
- Struggle (Original Mix) + The GOAT Remix - Re: Define Records - [REDR002]